Phoebus Tattoo Studio Map Location Information – Gandy Boulevard / US 92
Phoebus Tattoo Studio is located on the south side of U.S. 92 / Gandy Boulevard at San Martin Village Center in St Petersburg Florida. Our neighbors include the Anytime Fitness center, Elite Body Cryotherapy and others. We are situated in the Gateway area of north St. Pete, just west of Gandy Beach and the Gandy Bridge to South Tampa and MacDill A.F.B., and east of Derby Lane and the Gandy Boulevard (SR 694) flyover. As of September 2017, all lanes are now open on the Gandy Boulevard overpasses, which link 4th Street North (SR 687) with Roosevelt Boulevard (SR 688) and Interstate 275 to the west. Map diagram located below.
- To reach us from Downtown St. Pete, take 4th Street North (U.S. 92) to Gandy Boulevard east. San Martin Village is located one mile to the east on the right. Alternatively 83rd Avenue N east to San Martin Boulevard north from 4th Street North provides easy access to our location.
- From points west including, Pinellas Park, Seminole, and Madeira Beach, follow Gandy Boulevard (SR 694) east to the flyover between I-275 and 4th Street N near Derby Lane.
- From points northwest including Largo and Clearwater, follow Roosevelt Boulevard (SR 686) southeast from Ulmerton Road (SR 688) to Gandy Boulevard east.
- From Westshore in Tampa and the Howard Frankland Bridge (I-275), take 4th Street N (SR 687) south from Exit 32 to Gandy Boulevard (U.S. 92) and turn left onto the eastbound on-ramp.
- To reach us from Downtown Tampa and South Tampa, follow Gandy Boulevard (U.S. 92) west from Dale Mabry Highway and the Selmon Expressway west across Old Tampa Bay to San Martin Boulevard and turn left.
About the area
Spanning Old Tampa Bay between Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties, the nearby Gandy Bridge was the longest automobile bridge in the world when it debuted to motorists in 1924. The original crossing remained in service until 1956, when it was replaced by a new span. Capacity was doubled in 1976, with the addition of a second bridge eastbound to Tampa. The 1956 span was eventually replaced in 1996, with it repurposed as part of the Friendship Trail. The Friendship Trail bridge provided a bicycle and walking path between St. Pete and South Tampa until a permanent closure in 2008 due to corrosion of the bridge supports.
Derby Lane opened just one year after the Gandy Bridge as the St. Petersburg Kennel Club. The venue is the longest running greyhound track in the United States.
San Martin Village lies at the southwest corner of Gandy Boulevard and San Martin Boulevard. San Martin Boulevard leads south to Weedon Island Preserve, a nearly 3,200 acre coastal preserve home to an extensive boardwalk network, mangrove forests and an array of wildlife. Popular activities include kayaking and hiking.